The ASC X12N Health Care Claim: Professional (837P) transaction allows physicians and other medical service providers to submit healthcare claims for a medical service or encounter. A healthcare claim includes the following.
- Patient information;
- Patient diagnoses, describing details about the patient's condition;
- Any procedures performed and services rendered;
- Information about all medical providers involved in the claim;
- Listings of any related charges for services, procedures and products.
Using our API, you send medical claims to insurance payers for adjudication and payment. We design our Professional Claims API for professional providers of medical services and medical products of all kinds, so you can efficiently check, file, and manage your medical claims and successfully receive your payments in a timely manner. We are pleased you chose Change Healthcare!
- If you only plan to use a few daily transactions, you can use our ConnectCenter for your Medical Network transaction needs.
It provides most of the features supported by an API console but only allows manual entry for all data needed for a transaction. It contains Change Healthcare’s Payer Lists, the Payer List Enrollments wizard, and other API customer resources.
- For providers sending hundreds of daily requests, we recommend using our APIs to be able to automate the submission processes and have a better fit for your business needs.
Updated 9 months ago