For detailed description about the API, see [Attachments Status v1](https://developers.changehealthcare.com/eligibilityandclaims/reference/medical-network-attachments-status-v1-overview.
The Attachment Status API enables customers to query for the status of medical documents, that they have sent as attachment transactions to their payer. The Attachment Status API reads transaction details and returns status information in an understandable format.
For example, consider a provider sending a medical document to the Veteran's Administration.
- How do they know it was received?
- Did Change Healthcare receive it?
- Was it processed and delivered to the VA?
- Did the VA accept it?
- When the customer wants to know the status of any attachment transaction, they can use our Status API to find out the status of the medical data they have sent to their payer.
You can search for all attachments transactions for a given patient or provider over a period of time. The Attachment Status API also ensures privacy by tying all requests to the specific
Submitter ID associated with the API consumer.
Through our Attachment submission API,
/attachments/submission/v1/uploads endpoint, the Change Healthcare clearinghouse processes provider-submitted attachment transactions before forwarding the documents to the payer. Attachments Status API queries can receive responses directly from Change Healthcare, and responses that originate from the payer, so you will always know where the status is reported from.
The Change Healthcare Marketplace
/attachments/submission/v1/uploadsendpoint is a prerequisite for using the Attachment Status API.
See the API FAQs for more detailed information.
- If you only plan to use a few daily transactions, you can use our ConnectCenter for your Medical Network transaction needs.
It provides most of the features supported by an API console but only allows manual entry for all data needed for a transaction. It contains Change Healthcare’s Payer Lists, the Payer List Enrollments wizard, and other API customer resources.
- For providers sending hundreds of daily requests, we recommend using our APIs to be able to automate the submission processes and have a better fit for your business needs.
Updated 8 months ago