Change Healthcare provides a
/healthcheck endpoint to check the operating status of the APIs. It is a ping for the API entry points to ensure the entry points are accessible. This is the first thing you can do if something goes wrong.
- To run the health check of an API, for example, for the Eligibility V3 API, import the Eligibility OpenAPI Spec from the Eligibility V3 API Getting Started page in to Postman (Preferred method) or any other tool/platform of your choice.
- Generate a Bearer token using the
BEARER TOKEN LIFESPAN
The lifespan of a Bearer token is one hour (3600 seconds) for both sandbox and production environments.
- Under the Postman >> MedicalNetwork >> Eligibility collection, send a
GETrequest for health check:
If the API engine is working correctly and if the entry points are accessible, the API operating status response shows "OK":
If you receive a response other than 200 OK, the health check failed.
Please submit a service ticket with Change Healthcare by providing the
- Go to API Reference.
- Click the API Tools tab.
- Enter the following values in their respective fields.
|Your client ID provided by Change Healthcare|
|Your client secret provided by Change Healthcare|
To view the request example, pull down the Example drop-down.
- Click Try It to generate a bearer token.
- Go to Change Healthcare API Reference.
- In the left navigation, click Health Check on the required API.
- Enter the bearer token generated by performing step 5, in the Authorization field.
- Click Try It.
The response to the requested API shows.
A response other than a 200 OK, indicates that the API health check failed.
Updated about 2 months ago