Change Healthcare provides a
/healthcheck endpoint in each of the APIs (for example, Eligibility, Professional Claims V3, Claims Responses and Reports V2, and so on) to check the operating status of the APIs. It is a ping for the API entry points to ensure the entry points are accessible. It is the first thing you can do if something goes wrong.
- For example, to run a health check for the Eligibility V3 API, import the Eligibility OpenAPI Spec from the Eligibility V3 API Getting Started page in to Postman (Preferred method) or any other tool/platform of your choice.
- Generate a Bearer token using the
BEARER TOKEN LIFESPAN
The lifespan of a Bearer token is one hour (3600 seconds) for both sandbox and production environments.
- Under the Postman >> MedicalNetwork >> Eligibility collection, send a
GETrequest for health check:
If the Eligibility V3 API engine is working correctly and if the entry points are accessible, the Eligibility V3 API operating status response shows "OK":
In the same manner, try out the
/healthcheck endpoint for the other APIs to see if the operating status of the respective API engines is working correctly.
If you receive a response other than OK, the health check failed.
Please submit a service ticket with Change Healthcare by providing the
- Log in to Change Healthcare API system.
- Go to API Reference.
- Click the API Tools tab.
- Enter the following values in their respective fields.
|Your client ID provided by Change Healthcare|
|Your client secret provided by Change Healthcare|
To view the request example, pull down the Example drop-down.
- Click Try It to generate a bearer token.
- Go to Change Healthcare API Reference.
- Under Medical Network Eligibility V3, click Health Check.
- Enter the bearer token generated by performing step 6 above, in the Authorization field.
- Click Try It.
The response to the requested API shows.
A response other than a 200 OK, indicates that the API health check failed.
|Payer Finder V1|
|Professional Claims V3|
|Integrated Rules Institutional V1|
|Integrated Rules Professional V1|
|Claim Status V2|
|Attachments Submission V1|
|Claims Responses and Reports V2|
|Dental Benefits Advisor V1|
Updated 20 days ago