Claims File Retrieval and Retention Best Practices
File retrieval — recommended workflow, best practices, and retention rules
File retrieval — recommended workflow
- Call the Claim Responses and Reports v2 API.
- Receive a list of available files.
- Call the Claim Responses and Reports v2 API with the filename you wish to retrieve data for
the Receive file data
- Pull in to your system for processing and archiving on your end.
- Send a delete request for the filename just retrieved.
Best Practice — Claim Responses and Reports API
- Keep the mailbox clean to identify newly added files.
- Perform a file delete request after pulling the data of a file.
- Store the downloaded files.
Mailbox data file retention rules
- Files are kept in the mailbox for a maximum of 30 days.
- If the files need to be reprocessed by Change Healthcare, additional reprocessing charges may apply.
Updated 2 months ago