Change Healthcare is deprecating the Claims Responses and Reports v1 API. If you use the v1 API, you should begin using the Reports V2 release at your earliest opportunity.
The Claims Responses and Reports API provides a direct connection to your mailbox where payers will send their final claims responses and reports. Use this API to access your mailbox for all the files containing complete information about claim payments, claim status updates, and other communications regarding revenue cycles and adjudication from the payer.
This API is complementary to other Claims APIs such as Claims Status, Institutional Claims, and Professional Claims. For example, the Change Healthcare Claims Status API provides status summaries of a claim; it does not download the actual claim data.
You can use this API with your contracted APIs at no additional cost.
We recommend using this API along with your main Claims API to give you the complete basic functionality to manage your professional or institutional claims. Typically, you will need a suite of three Change Healthcare APIs to do your most effective Claims work:
- Submit your claims with the Professional Claims or Institutional Claims API
- Efficiently check on outstanding Claims Status
- Download your finished claims files with the Reports v2 API
- If you only plan to use a few daily transactions, you can use our ConnectCenter for your Medical Network transaction needs.
It provides most of the features supported by an API console but only allows manual entry for all data needed for a transaction. It contains Change Healthcare’s Payer Lists, the Payer List Enrollments wizard, and other API customer resources.
- For providers sending hundreds of daily requests, we recommend using our APIs to be able to automate the submission processes and have a better fit for your business needs.
Updated 11 months ago